It’s coming!! And soon.
The first ever Aetna Celebration of Student Writing will take place on Thurs. April 5 in the Wilbur Cross (North) Reading Room, 3-6pm.
The event begins with a student Poster Fair that showcases work on/with/around writing from First-Year Writing, “W” courses, and Creative Writing courses at UConn. The walk-through Poster Fair takes place from 3-5pm.
SUBMIT POSTER PRESENTATION IDEAS HERE BY END OF DAY ON WED. MARCH 21:
A panel of judges will also be walking through and talking with the poster-presenters. As many as 10 prizes will be awarded, across different categories, for Poster Presentations.
At 5pm the annual Aetna Awards for Student Writing will begin. A RECEPTION will bridge the Poster Fair and Awards Ceremony.Approximately 40 awards will be given for student writing across these categories:
* First-Year Writing
* Writing in the Disciplines (Humanities, Social Sciences, Science and Engineering)
* Creative Writing (including awards for Fiction, Creative Nonfiction, Poetry, Translation, and Writing for Children)
* Connecticut Writing Project (Teachers-as-Writers in poetry, fiction, nonfiction)
* Graduate Critical Writing
* Poster Presentations (in numerous different categories)
Please come join us for all –or even just part of — this great celebration of the exceptional work in writing that UConn students do!!!